Thursday, February 11, 2016

I'm Back!

I took a pretty long break from this, and I know.  Never a good idea when blogging but almost something you can't get around with cancer.  Since my last post I have had a few hospital stays, a blood transfusion, kidney failure twice, blacking out problems, skin problems that didn't turn out to be cancer (yay!), and Lord only knows what else.  I can't remember.  Plus I am the mother to a teenage girl.  Need I say more?  Didn't think so.

Good news is I made it through everything just fine.  Scared me a time or two but that was for naught, because I came out the other side just fine.

I  attended the YSC Regional Summit Symposium in January in Jackson, Mississippi.  It was a terrific wealth of information.  A mini YSC Conference.  I learned about the Patient Advocate Foundation.  A very good resource for anyone going through anything.  You can go to their website, see if they cover your condition, and then make contact.  You tell them your needs and they find help.  Awesome.  This is their description on their website:
"The Process is Simple. Patient Advocate Foundation's Patient Services provides patients with arbitration, mediation and negotiation to settle issues with access to care, medical debt, and job retention related to their illness. "
But they also refer you to other organizations they think may help you.  A great resource.
Learning about this organization was probably the highlight of the conference besides the party that night.  Boy, the girls can get crazy lol.  

I hope this helps someone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment